Getting to Swan Wharf
There are a variety of transport options for getting to and from Swan Wharf. The main ones are detailed below, including the best foot routes to get to us from the various stations and bus stops should you be coming via public transport.
London Rail and Underground Connections
There are three stations close to Swan Wharf:
- Hackney Wick (0.6 miles) (London overground) with connection to Stratford, Hackney Central, Highbury and Islington, Shepherds Bush, Kensington Olympia, and Clapham Junction;
- Stratford Station (Underground, Central Line) (1.3 miles) with connections for London Underground, DLR and overground rail networks; and
- Pudding Mill Lane (0.6 miles) (Docklands Light Railway) with connections to Stratford, Bow Church, Canary Wharf, Greenwich and Lewisham (and Stratford High St (DLR) is also nearby).
Below are detailed foot routes from these stations to Swan Wharf.
Getting Here from Stratford Station
If you intent to arrive or leave from Swan Wharf via either the Central Line, Jubilee Line, London Overground or Docklands Light Railway from Stratford Station, then the map opposite shows you the foot route to take to and from the station and Swan Wharf.
Getting Here from Pudding Mill Lane Station
If you intent to arrive or leave from Swan Wharf via the Docklands Light Railway from Pudding Mill Lane Station, then the map opposite shows you the foot route to take to and from the station and Swan Wharf. (Caution Note: After dark, the portion of this route along the Greenway pathway is not very well floodlit.)
Getting Here from Hackney Wick Station
If you intent to arrive or leave from Swan Wharf via the London Overground from Hackney Wick Station, then the map opposite shows you the foot route to take to and from the station and Swan Wharf.
London Bus Connections
There are a number of buses that run along Wick Lane and Wansbeck Road. The nearest connections are Stops OF and WA – adjacent to the small roundabout at the north-west end of Dace Road.
The following buses arrive at those two stops:
- 276 – Stoke Newington, Hackney Central Stn, Homerton Hospital, Hackney Wick Stn, Bow Church, Stratford High Street, West Ham Stn and Newham Hospital;
- 339 – Leytonstone Stn, Stratford Stn and Bus Station, Mile End Stn and Shadwell Stn; and
- 488 – Hancock Road, Bromley by Bow Stn, Bow Church, Hackney Wick Stn, Homerton Hospital, Dalston Kingsland and Dalston Junction Station.
Below is a detailed foot route from these bus stops to Swan Wharf.
Buses running along the High Street (A118) to Stratford get closest to Swan Wharf at Stops L and M, where the road crosses the Greenway footpath. Walking along the Greenway will bring you to Swan Wharf in about 15 minutes.
Getting Here from the 276, 339 and 488 Bus Stops
If you intent to arrive or leave from Swan Wharf by one of the local bus routes – the 276, 339 or 488 routes – then the map opposite shows you the foot route to take to and from the nearest bus stops and Swan Wharf.
Stratford by Car
Parking facilities at Swan Wharf are very restricted, which means we can really only support disabled parking for customers. If you have disabled parking needs, please contact our Customer Support team to make arrangements which will support your access to the building.
For others travelling by car to Stratford, there is a large parking facility at the Westfield Stratford City retail centre. From here, you could catch a bus, walk across the Olympic park (15-20 minutes) or make use of our cab booking service (depending on the weather).
From Further Afield
We know people travel long distances for a great day out. If you are coming to EXP from further afield, there are still great connections:
- the national rail networks joining Stratford International with connections to Liverpool Street, the lines in from Essex, Kings Cross and St Pancras plus Ebbsfleet, the lines into Kent, Waterloo Station and the lines to Surrey.
- the international connections for the Eurostar Railway at Ebbsfleet and St Pancras,
- There are even direct rail connections to both London City and Stanstead airports.
If you want us to help us plan your journey, we might be able to offer package deals including transport and accommodation. Contact our Customer Support team.